Love writing about home renovations as much as doing actual home renovations? Got a home improvement-related blog post or story you’re especially proud of? Enter it in the Old House Web Blogger Contest for a chance to win a $250 Lowe’s gift certificate and the opportunity to be a paid contributor to the Old House Blog.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment on the contest page with a link to your best home improvement or old house-related blog post (published on your own blog).
- Write a post about your entry on your own blog, including a link to the contest page: /blog/announcing-old-house-blogger-contest/
- Subscribe to the OldHouseWeb.com blog RSS feed.
- Click on the “share” button below the post about the blog contest and share via your preferred social media outlet (facebook, stumble, Del.icio.us, technorati favorites, etc.)
- Invite your friends to vote in the contest. (Voting begins once finalists are selected, see below for details.)
If there is no contact information on the url containing your entry, please email the url to your entry along with your contact email so that we can notify you if you’re a finalist (or winner).
If you do not have a blog that you contribute to you may still enter by emailing us an original home-related blog post. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Old House Web Blogger Contest Submission.”
Winning entries will be judged on all of the following criteria (in no particular order of importance):
- Is your blog entry captivating and easy to read?
- Is your blog entry appropriate for an audience of old house enthusiasts?
- Was your post inspiring, helpful, or informative?
- Did you link to and explain relevant online media?
- Did you provide any other funny or engaging anecdotes?
- Has your post generated a lot of traffic or earned links from other Web sites?
Best Blog Award - $250 Gift Certificate to Lowe’s
Contestants my enter the contest by posting the url to their entry in the comments section anytime before November 18th. Five finalists will then be selected by our judging panel and a synopsis of their posts will be published on the OldHouseWeb blog (with links to original posts). Visitors to the OldHouseWeb.com will be able to rate and comment on the finalists. The judging panel will then select a winner based on the highest ratings and the above the criteria. The winner will be awarded $250 and an opportunity to become a paid contributing blogger on OldHouseWeb.com.
Have a favorite blogger who tackles topics relevant to old houses? Nominate one of their posts and they could win $250 towards their next home improvement project. Who knows, maybe they’ll split the winnings with you.
The winner will be announced on December 2, 2009. Read official rules here. Good luck!