Old Victorian Progress

Here is where you can show off the pictures of your old home.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

sooth

Re: Old Victorian Progress

Post by sooth »

Wow, nice job with the crown moulding and beadboard. The room looks very nice. It's too bad about the floor, but for a nursery, I think the carpet is a pretty good choice.
JC
1923 Foursquare
Clockmaker, & Old House Enthusiast
http://my1923foursquare.blogspot.com/

justin86

Post by justin86 »

sooth wrote:Wow, nice job with the crown moulding and beadboard. The room looks very nice. It's too bad about the floor, but for a nursery, I think the carpet is a pretty good choice.
I found a picture from when I was attempting to strip the blue floor. Not only was it blue, but it was patched in with wood of a different color and species, so I threw in the hat.

justin86

Post by justin86 »

About 2 months ago I started working on our spare bedroom. The walls were hot pink painted over wallpaper , the ceiling was cracked texture, etc. I stripped the wallpaper and skim coated the walls, drywalled the ceiling and installed crown molding. I'm almost finished... just need to touch up some paint and refinish the floor.

When I was stripping the walls I found writing from the 2 guys who installed the wallpaper, which I thought was pretty amazing.

"This house was papered for the first time by C.E. Hollinger in March 1909."
- I'm not sure what happened to the picture of this. What's neat is we were told the house was built in 1917!

Another guy wrote:
"TO HELL WITH HITLER"
"Paper Hanger> Heverling Feb, 21 1942"

I don't have any updated pictures of the room yet, but it's coming along nicely.

FamlyFarm

Post by FamlyFarm »

Hey, going way back so Im not sure if you would remember but do you know what pressure you used when you were pressure washing the house? Looks great!
1883 Victorian Farm House built by my great-great-grandfather

Officially the OWNER!!