dcsimg

Repair old fiber board garage door

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: Repair old fiber board garage door

Postby OhHignMark on Thu May 24, 2018 3:47 am

Hiseens64 wrote:I was looking for answers for this same question. My garage was never good maintained it looks like rough use ,its panels are still in tact. At Friday evening i did its sanding next morning primer coat and done with all painting but the door was very noisy and stuck at a point so i checked online its DIY[/url]

The link you've shared is really useful. Thank you.
OhHignMark

Postby GladysHill on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 am

There are many online stores available from where you can buy those..
GladysHill

Postby deshaun on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:48 am

Rather than replace a garage entryway board that has been marked, you can fix the territory utilizing auto body filler. Sand down the region of harm and apply a layer of arranged auto body filler to fill in the scratch and any voids on the entryway's surface. Smooth the filler with a putty cut and permit the auto body filler to dry completely, at that point sand its surface utilizing a fine-coarseness sanding square or orbital sander.

Last, paint over the outside of the imprint repair utilizing a coordinating paint. In the event that you need to repaint the whole carport entryway another shading, sand down the surface of the carport entryway and apply a groundwork, at that point a layer of semi-shine latex paint. The semi-shine will help make your carport entryway less demanding to keep up and conceal any scratches that happen over its lifetime. Apply the paint in two or three layers to give the coats an even application.
deshaun

Postby ahmed11 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 am

it was an informative thread
ahmed11

Previous

Return to General Discussions Forum