Page 1 of 1

Shower Curtain Rods / Hooks

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:06 am
by Brunton
A couple of years ago we demolished our deteriorating 2nd floor bathroom to rebuild it.

We're now almost done, but we have a problem -

Our tub requires at least a corner and preferrably an oval shower rod. But the hangar for the free corner will block the shower curtain from being opened against the wall, or require the use of two curtains so each can be pushed back against a wall when not in use.

The bathroom we demolished had an unusual shower hangar in that it wasn't a tube - it was a C cross-section, where the opening in the C faced the floor (the back of the C was screwed to a wooden support). The hangars had a ball on the end that was larger than the width of the opening in the C, so that after they were slid into the end of the C-channel, they wouldn't fall through the opening. It gave the ability for the curtain to slide all over the rod without being blocked by supports.

Problem is I can't find this anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can find hooks and a rod like this?

Thanks! (I hope this hasn't been too unclear. If it has, let me know).

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:35 am
by Brunton
Back to the top for another shot....

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:30 pm
by AdkNorth
I did take a look at some of the restoration bath hardware sites, but didn't see anything that looked right, but I also sorta don't get it. Maybe salvage places, like the placed that carry old clawfoots? Is there one near you? I guess it's tricky because a rod is not something that you see in salvage places much. I guess they get tossed.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 am
by plaidmom
The closest thing I can think of would be an industrial hospital curtain rod...you know the ones they use for patient privacy?

Betcha could even get custom for enough $$$.


p.s. I think they call them "curtain tracks" instead of curtain rods. Should cut down on the length of time spent googling.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:51 am
by Tony Gagliardi

I believe this is what you need.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:29 am
by S
I have an L shaped rod and just didn't use the corner support. After I put it up, I realized I didn't need it as it was stury enough without it. As a result, my curtain goes all around the bend..

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:12 pm
by Brunton
Thanks, plaidmom and Tony.

The hospital curtain suspension rod is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for - I'm ashamed I didn't think of it myself. The web page Tony listed is EXACTLY what I need! I'll be buying their kit.

Another problem solved by the Old House Web denizens!


Re: Shower Curtain Rods / Hooks

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 am
by smithcaspere
For any type of curtain rods or accessories, you can contact The Flextracks website. They offer high-quality curtain accessories at reasonable prices. If interested you can contact them.