dcsimg
Switch to full style
Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.
Post a reply

Re: Have you removed aluminum siding?

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:19 pm

An almost after pic:

Re: Have you removed aluminum siding? I HAVE! New Pics!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:59 pm

OMFG, the house looks FANTASTIC! Now I really want to get rid of the asbestos siding on my place...darn you! :)

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:30 pm

WOW

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:51 pm

oooOOOOooooOOOOO that looks SO good!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:08 pm

jennyjkerr wrote:oooOOOOooooOOOOO that looks SO good!

I got home at 5pm today, parked in the space directly opposite of the house and it took me 47 minutes to get inside. Every neighbor that was home at the time came to talk to me about the house. We went from the worst house on the street to maybe the nicest...there are a few really nice houses on the street. But the change is just so drastic.

The best thing I heard was that a few are now considering tackling the 'siding issue' themselves. I would love nothing more than to live on a street with all wood houses.

I can't wait to tackle the landscaping. Any suggestions would be great.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:13 pm

you gonna show pics of how the window repairs look??

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm

IntrepidCUB wrote:you gonna show pics of how the window repairs look??

Sure, I just went outside to take some closeups. As I said, I am not too thrilled, but they will do for now. I will add plinths when I find what I need. I will just add some blocking to the back of the plinths to fill in for the missing sill (or is it called a lip?) and bring it all the way down to line up with the base of the sill.

Right:
Left:

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am

Your house is looking great! Love the colors and the details are really showing up wonderfully! I bet you're thrilled! What a nice transformation! She will make you smile for years to come knowing what you had to do to make this kind of change. I bet you inspire the rest of the block as well!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:42 pm

ohhh, I love it! I peeked under my nasty vinyl siding yesterday and saw turquiose clapboard of some kind, at least I think,it was wood something anyway! I would love to tackle this house!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 pm

What a great job you did! Totally worth it.
Diane
Post a reply