Have you removed aluminum siding? I HAVE! New Pics!

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: Have you removed aluminum siding? I HAVE! New Pics!

Postby timmy55 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:52 pm

This is a very intense process. I appreciate your ambition. I know how you feel, I am not a huge fan of siding either. I am most wanting to get rid of mine. I got a few quotes from conservation construction and lowes. I was curious if there was a cheaper route. Does anybody have any suggestions for this. I am not as willing to do all the work myself.
timmy55

Postby timmy555 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

I think that it's really cool you removed the aluminum siding yourself. I too have never been that big of a fan of it either. I think the information here is really helpful. I myself got a quote from conservation construction of texas and it was reasonably priced, but i figured I could do it myself for much cheaper. You have inspired me to do just that.
timmy555

Re: Have you removed aluminum siding?

Postby jenny5555 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am

notpetergriffin wrote:Scotty My home is no where near 3000 square feet, it will not be scraped to bare wood, it's a one man crew and a 7 day time line. He also gets to scrap the aluminum, at almost $1/lb (http://www.metalprices.com/). Cost of living is MUCH less in Ohio than it is in Boston, much less. Had I not seen his previous work, I would be much more skeptical.

I applaud you for removing your siding that is quite a feet. i myself had a recent siding replacement by conservation constructino of dallas. I wish i had known how to do the work myself, but alas i am just a humble weak individual with little knowledge of the kraft. I fear with books and youtube i would not have had the strength or knowledge to commplete the task myself. You are a true do it yourselfer!
jenny5555

Postby BlakeLuby on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:46 am

If you try to install new roof style than you can change your aluminum shade in front of your home.. there are many style yo can re roof your roof..
BlakeLuby

Postby BlakeLuby on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:46 am

If you try to install new roof style than you can change your aluminum shade in front of your home.. there are many style yo can re roof your roof..
BlakeLuby

Previous

Return to General Discussions Forum