dcsimg

Radios, Antennas, and old houses

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: Radios, Antennas, and old houses

Postby philsvintageradios on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

"When I saw this thread and your name the first thing I was going to ask is are you Phil from the Phil's Old Radios website!"
========
No, please don't confuse me. Phil's old radios is a different website and I can't take credit for Phil Nelson's fine work, or his vast knowlege. I sent the link to his site as it is the best site I have ever seen for people interested in restoration.
His document "replacing capacitors in old radios" has helped many who are thinking of dabbling with restoration.
====

I don't know nearly as much as some about radio. There are some radio related forums that do have readers with advanced electronics Knowlege that may be able to comment on the optimum FM antenna length. For AM and short wave I have often heard " as long and as high as possible" there is a LOT to know about antennas, some who are into Ham radio are a wealth of information.
--

Jeremy, some of these amps sound interesting. I have a sherwood amp and Haven't really played with it , It looks like a very good one but It is mono. I have often wondered if I could pair it up with another for sterio. The scott and Mac are of course very sought after Hickock tester also very sought after, nice stuff !
Phil M
philsvintageradios

Postby ValueVintage on Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi..

I have a near mint condition in working order mid-century Kuba Milano 58 hi fi stereo console with cocktail bar almost identical to the one seen in this thread...

Any chance you could tell me what you paid for yours? Would really appreciate knowing. I have searched throughout the internet but information on these rare gems are not easy to find.

Thanks!

VV
ValueVintage

Postby ValueVintage on Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

New to this forum, very interesting!

I have a Kuba Milano 58 stereo hi fi console with cocktail bar almost identical to the one in this photo. Would you mid sharing how much you paid for yours?

Would really appreciate it!

Battlecat wrote:That looks great, sorry about the sound.

Thanks for this thread ( I rushed upstairs to spot for some antenna remains)

We have old radios/record players in almost every room in the house, but none of them are pre 50s.
50s and 60s radios sound very good (I love the Philips Plano radios) and are easy to get, but when I walk into a real old radio I will not pass on it....

I have some hooked up to small internet radio/music streaming gadgets. Listening to Old Time Radio stations through an vintage radios is a premium!

Here's a biggie (KUBA set ith Telefunken radio), I had to have it because all papers and the initial 50s record collection came with it
ValueVintage

Previous

Return to General Discussions Forum