Anyone going to the NH Old House & Barn Expo?

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

MarissaJude

Anyone going to the NH Old House & Barn Expo?

Post by MarissaJude »

Hey Everyone,
Wondering if anyone else is headed to the NH Old House & Barn Expo this weekend? I'll be there on Saturday, and I am really looking forward to it.
:)
Marissa
marissa jude.
1830 greek revival w/federal influences.

Old Colonial

Re: Anyone going to the NH Old House & Barn Expo?

Post by Old Colonial »

Hi Marissa,

I'll be standing in line when the doors open. It's been a good show in the past and I think it's a little bigger this year.

There's one coming your way in April. It's in Hartford CT. http://www.goodrichpromotions.com/histo ... index.html They did one last year in Sturbridge what was pretty good but doesn't seem to be as big as the one they do in Valley Forge PA.

Jeff

Andy in NH

Post by Andy in NH »

The New England Window Restoration Alliance will be there in force. I will have a booth there as well as Dave Bowers of Olde Window Restorers and we will both be alternating with Jade in the demo area. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Big Barn, Little Barn, Saltbox, Cape, 2 storey Farmhouse - and a shed to boot! 237' end to end. This could take a while.....

Mury

Post by Mury »

DH and I really want to go, but we have to help with a funeral tomorrow. Maybe we'll still be able to squeeze it in.
Marie

1900ish Victorianish

Mury

Post by Mury »

So, how was it?
Marie

1900ish Victorianish

Old Colonial

Post by Old Colonial »

Hi Mury,

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. It was even better than last time. I learned some good information from the lecture on dating your house. I spent some time talking with Bob Pothier from First Period Colonial. He is a wealth of knowledge on 18th and early 19th century houses. I've used pictures from his website for ideas. http://www.firstperiodcolonial.com/ I modeled my dining room corner cabinets after ones he built.

Jeff