dcsimg

Our Bedroom is Done!

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: Our Bedroom is Done!

Postby Josiecat on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 am

I was wondering why you decided to strip everything to the lath. Was the plaster in bad shape?
The Wellcome House
1892 Queen Anne Victorian
Topeka, Kansas
Josiecat

Postby utopia13 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow...what a relaxing room! Very pretty.

My guess.....you rempoved the plaster to add lots of insulation! :D My place could use it too, but it's not going to happen before I get the metal roof scrubbed & repainted!

Your floors are drool worthy for sure!
This site has been ruined by spam. All regular forum members have moved to http://www.thehistoricdistrict.org/
Come join us!!!

ca 1916 Craftsman Bungalow
utopia13

Postby eperot on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks! As for the stripping of the plaster and lath, the plaster in our whole house is in very poor shape and while it could be repaired, it would be very costly and in our case it was an excellent opportunity to add fire blocking inside our (balloon framed) floor-wall cavities, run all new electrical, and insulate. I know many here are all about saving the plaster, but I figure saving the windows, hardware, all the window trim, door, and bringing back the original floors will still give me entry into old house heaven one day. :wink:

Sometimes you have to make a choice to use a modern building material for either cost, efficiency, convenience or any/all of the above.
Jacob Beaty House - c.1874
eperot

Postby StarryNight on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 pm

It's just stunning! Great job!
StarryNight

Postby csnyder on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Beautiful - great work!
Chris Snyder, WavyGlass.org
csnyder

Postby sooth on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 pm

This is just breathtakingly gorgeous!
JC
1923 Foursquare
Clockmaker, & Old House Enthusiast
http://my1923foursquare.blogspot.com/
sooth

is asiame com legit

Postby LorenaBlairBOp on Fri May 15, 2020 3:30 am

Food blog plays matchmaker for food eaters

Single woman looking for a man who knows the distinction between a yuzu and an orange? What about a single male hunting for a single female who not afraid to eat animal organs and offal?

A popular food blog has teamed up with an online dating service that pairs singles up by their epicurean tastes.

The site partnership with Eater was developed design food lovers whose first date ideas would invariably revolve around a mutual interest: Eating and roasting.

In ny, including, Some first date techniques posted this week include tucking into lotus root and sushi, swapping plates of tapas and wine, venturing out for Korean barbecue, Or creating a kaleidoscopic mix of frozen yogurt flavors together and throwing on a wide variety of toppings.

Or as another dater of few words wrote, primarily "Eat ham,

And Swedish website online Restdejting, Came up with a novel way to implement lonely leftovers in the fridge and reduce the number of singles cooking for one. Users simply post up to five ingredients they have in their fridge and wait for their potential soul mate asiafriendfinder com to come up with leftovers used to create a full meal. Or function as a good pretext to meet a cute single.
LorenaBlairBOp

Previous

Return to General Discussions Forum