What's happened to our board?

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

bofusmosby

Re: What's happened to our board?

Post by bofusmosby »

I totally disagree. When a company chooses to advertise on any site, their biggest decision maker is the amount of traffic on a given site. The more visits, the more they want to advertise, and the more they are willing to pay. As of now, the total membership on this site is 15,381. Now, this number in itself isn't the only factor, but it's a start. The advertisers will also want to look at the day to day, or week to week stats. When these numbers start falling (as I am sure they already are), then the advertisers will be willing to either stop their advertisements, or not to pay as much.m It's all relative.
Jim

Well, there goes the neighborhood!

HappyInHartwood

Post by HappyInHartwood »

I agree with you, Jim. My point was that the traffic on the forum portion of the site isn't the whole story at OHW. The admins closely watch web stats for page views, click aways, and how long users remain on a given page, where they came from, etc., and ad rates are tied to these stats ... and there are a whole lot more pages at OHW than these forums. Building a cohesive community generally figures lower on the priority list for commercial site owners.
Connie
1848 Gothic Revival
http://www.hartwoodroses.blogspot.com
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

bofusmosby

Post by bofusmosby »

Let me ask ou this. Have you ever "looked around" in the other sections of this site? I know that I have. Well, if it hadn't be for these forums, then I never would have. You're correct that there are many sections to this site, and the furums are just one aspect, but logic would tell you that the more members here, the more traffic on theother areas as well. I think we're both correct, but it remains to be seen as to how much traffic the forum members give to the other sections.
Jim

Well, there goes the neighborhood!

Fanner

Post by Fanner »

Glad I stumbled onto this post - guess I better check out the "new" site..!
1904 Victorian :)