Switch to full style
Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.
Post a reply

Suggestion for window restorer near Harrisburg PA

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi all, been years since I've been around this forum,. Sadly my own old house has been on the back burner for far too long again. This time it's my sister's project. Knowing how knowledgeable and trustworthy you folks are I figured this would be the place to ask about contractors that could restore windows.

This would be the patient:

Circa 1931 still sporting it's original steel casement windows.

Although they are in incredibly great shape for their age there are a few cracked panes, some glazing needs redone. 200,000 layers of paint, I think a few are somewhat bent from said paint. I'm sure some may need some repointing done around them.. I have gone around the ground level and touched up some glazing, straightened/greased/scraped paint away and got them working decently. Still it's a bit more project than she or I can take on.. Hence why she's searching for a contractor that won't say "replacement windows" right off and ideally in the vicinity of Harrisburg PA.

Re: Suggestion for window restorer near Harrisburg PA

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm

you might check with these folks and see if they have anyone close to your area.

http://www.windowrestorationne.org/

Not many folks hanging around these days. There was a falling out due to spam and most folks left. You can also ask over at http://www.thehistoricdistrict.org/ where some folks are hanging out. A couple of window restorations guys post there every once in a while

Diane
Last edited by Sacto Diane on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks Diane

I noticed it seems a bit slow here when I checked in after all these years. How sad this happened. There was so much info here

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:45 am

maxfax wrote:Thanks Diane

I noticed it seems a bit slow here when I checked in comparateur assurance chat after all these years. How sad this happened. There was so much info here

Hello!
This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
Thanks!
Post a reply