dcsimg

Repair of glass lamp globe

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Repair of glass lamp globe

Postby Bgenader on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:28 pm

I just purchased a 100 year old parairie style home with three matching pendant lamps in the living room. One has broken. I have been told to contact a restoration person/company, art school, etc, for help with repair. Of course I will continue to search eBay and salvage companies but in the meantime I would like to find someone who can do a nice repair while I continue to look. The shade is about 17" in diameter with a matte finish on the outside and a shiny glass like finish on the inside. Attached is a photo of one of the intact shades. The break is triangular, about 3" in diameter, with a crack leading to the upper edge. I do have all the pieces. About 3.
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 7973 times
Thanks for any advice.
Bgenader

Re: Repair of glass lamp globe

Postby amee on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 am

lots of thank or this guide..actually in my grandma's house there are also pendant lamps and i with my dad were wondering to renovate them -- started reading various blogs, watching youtube videos but in fact your post helped us the most..again, thanks
just an essay.expert who loves history and wondering around old dilapidated houses
amee

Postby amee on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 am

lots of thank or this guide..actually in my grandma's house there are also pendant lamps and i with my dad were wondering to renovate them -- started reading various blogs, watching youtube videos but in fact your post helped us the most..again, thanks
just an essay.expert who loves history and wondering around old dilapidated houses
amee

Postby sachinkhanna48 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:41 pm

:shock: from where you have purchased 100 years old lamp

Return to General Discussions Forum