dcsimg

Matching Wood Cabinet Help!!!

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Matching Wood Cabinet Help!!!

Postby Erinn717 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi,

We have the original cabinets in the kitchen of our 1930 home. In order to fit a dishwasher in we had to add a few boards on top of the counter cabinets under the countertops due to the counter cabinets being too low. I need to find some wood trim to put under the countertop to hide the layered boards but am having a heck of a time! I am not sure what type of wood it is, have purchased many types and nothing seems right, I have tried a bunch of stains, but haven't gotten a match. Does anyone have any idea of what type of wood the outer part of the cabinets and the drawers could be and/or any ideas on how to determine the wood type and find a stain that matches? I have gone to a few lumber yards but they haven't been that helpful and the last one wanted to take the drawer I brought in and send it out to get a match and then charge $115 just for matching it and that didn't include any supplies...I don't want them to send out the original drawer b/c if I don't get it back or something happens to it then I have created another item I have to try to match!!! Someone one another forum just suggested Gumwood? I had never heard of it, could that be it? Or is there a different type of wood that is more readily available and could be easily stained to match and look good...Thanks!
Attachments
Kitchen Cabinets.jpg
Kitchen Cabinets.jpg (749.27 KiB) Viewed 8193 times
Kitchen.jpg
Kitchen.jpg (655.96 KiB) Viewed 8193 times
Erinn717

Re: Matching Wood Cabinet Help!!!

Postby Bradleytragland on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 am

Hi there, I think <a href="www.google.com">this</a> website will help you.
Bradleytragland

Re: Matching Wood Cabinet Help!!!

Postby sonamwsingh on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 am

Matching wood cabinets look good and perfect. Because different wood can make its appearance less attractive.
sonamwsingh

Return to General Discussions Forum