dcsimg

House and Pets

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

House and Pets

Postby thaliadaniels on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:26 pm

How do you protect your house from your pets?
thaliadaniels

Re: House and Pets

Postby jacobmartin750 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:42 am

My family and I have to move out of our house in the next couple of days. My mom doesn't have enough to rent even a really cheap apartment, so we're going to have to go into this transitional housing thing. I'm almost completely certain that we're not going to be able to bring our pets (1 adult cat, 2 kittens), but we really, really don't want to give them up. Is there anything we can do?
jacobmartin750

Postby DavidJohnson on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:34 am

Is your pet harmful to your home??
Always consider going with a trained pet. That is what I have done and does not harm my house
DavidJohnson

Postby veronicasegura on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:40 am

Try the below,

Childproof Latches
Use childproof latches on kitchen and bathroom cupboards. This will prevent animals from getting to foods and chemicals that can cause them harm.

Store Items High
Keep medications, cleaners and other chemicals on high shelves, so if the childproof latches don’t keep your pets out they still won’t be able to get the dangerous stuff.<

Cover the Garbage
Keep garbage cans covered, and, if possible, store them in a cabinet, closet or outdoors. Garbage cans are usually filled with a collection of old food, dangerous chemicals, and small indigestible pieces of trash that can all be harmful to your animals.
veronicasegura

Return to General Discussions Forum