Out of commision..

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

whispertalos

Out of commision..

Post by whispertalos »

ok my year isnt starting out to well, to top off my black eye last month.. I fell last wednesday and rolled my ankle.. now I have an air splint and crutches for 4-6 weeks...UGH

I climbed the hay stack to knock down some hay for the horses, climbed down and had one more step to go when next thing I know I was on the ground and in lots of pain. Hobbled to teh hosue, called my mom to get my son off the bus, and then called my neighbors to come get me and drive to the ER. Dear hubby met us there..and we spent the next 4 1/2 hours sitting there. only to see the dr for 2 minutes..long enough to say nothing broken and we will put you in an airsplint and she was gone....
Kassandra

1907 Modified foursquare
Farm House

angolito

Re: Out of commision..

Post by angolito »

jeez kass. falling out of the hayloft?????

sprains are sometimes more of a bitch to heal than a good break.

can we call you hoppalong kass(idy)?

Abuela

Post by Abuela »

Oh, man!

Hey, at least you have a real excuse for not getting anything done, as opposed to me...
"Finished" is all a state of mind. ~Angolito

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou

My house journal: http://retrovation.blogspot.com/

Tannis

Post by Tannis »

Did that to my ankle last year in march. Everytime I thought it was better, I would hurt it again. I would be fine for weeks and do something stupid like step on a rock and start all over again. It took a good 7 months to completely heal. Be careful and take care of it!!
1901 farmhouse
Swanton, Ohio
1husband, 1wife, 3 boys, 5 horses, 2 dogs, 7 cats, 8 chickens and alot of work to do!

whispertalos

Post by whispertalos »

LOL Cute Hop Along..<G> I have heard that sprains are worse.. I was almost wishing it had been broken instead...but such is life...

The funny part.. last week at work Rick was really bored and I jokingly asked him via email.."If I call you and say I fel and hurt my ankle could you come home" and a week later here I am... lol guess my Karma was listening... :shock:
Kassandra

1907 Modified foursquare
Farm House

whispertalos

Post by whispertalos »

oh yea on a positive note, I saw my regular doctor yesterday and she gave me a temporary handicap parking pass, suddenly every one volunteers to drive me..lol
Kassandra

1907 Modified foursquare
Farm House

KathyJB

Post by KathyJB »

I'm so sorry you are not getting off to a good start this year. :cry: Playing the Glad Game might help. You're glad you didn't fall from the loft on top of the pitch fork and your glad your eyeball wasn't put out. Still all and all, dang. Sprankled ankles can be a real pain, no pun intended. I sprained mine pretty bad jumping off of the back of a horse(31 years ago). It still pops sometimes and I totally know when a front is blowing in. :lol:

S Melissa

Post by S Melissa »

Good grief Kass - that's got to hurt like the dickens. And everyone's right - sprains take forever to heal up right - and will give you a turn when you least expect it months from now - so you'll be hobbling around for a good while. it could've been so much worse - so if that's your karma - then be thankful that it wasn't really after you! Hopefully everyone is waiting on you hand and foot and you're enjoying being spoiled for a change!
Melissa
Canton, MI
1860 Italianate - Reuben Huston Home

whispertalos

Post by whispertalos »

Thanks everyone! Yup everyone is being real helpful. Hard part is I am not one to just SIT and do nothing..lol...and not being able to drive..UGGGHHH... hopefully time will go by fast... :)
Kassandra

1907 Modified foursquare
Farm House

Mury

Post by Mury »

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this! Hope you feel better quick. At least it happened now while the weather is limiting our house progress anyhow.
Marie

1900ish Victorianish