dcsimg

I may have passed 80%!!!!! and i may have to kill a chilean

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

I may have passed 80%!!!!! and i may have to kill a chilean

Postby angolito on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Could I possibly have passed the 80% mark? I have been toiling away on the handsome chilean's workroom for his vintage amplifier/microphone shop. It is in an upstairs bedroom. Meanwhile all his CRAPOLA has been shifted into the MBR and we moved downstairs to sleep for the summer.

Most of the trim is stripped and about 80% stained. the walls are all painted. I need to do a little re-pointing ( yeah, i know, inside) and hang the sash on the two windows. Need to frame out a door that leads to the stairs to the attic ( trading that off with a friend who can do it in half a day and i would take a month and still do it wrong). the floor is 50% stripped. the vintage metal cabs and shelves are all wet sanded and painted.

okay. i just talked myself into 70% but it was nice while it lasted. :D

at least i am done with the hot gun work. i love the smell of the turp and stain.
Last edited by angolito on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angolito

Re: I may have passed 80%!!!!!

Postby angolito on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:44 pm

BABY STEPS, finished sanding two of three pieces of base trim. stained first pass. finished stripping the door. second coat on one window frame.

whew. 73%.
angolito

Postby catperson on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:06 am

You know it will look wonderful when it's finished!!
catperson

Postby angolito on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:57 am

well i am about to utter a word i never thought i would type. i finished stripping the floor in the room and the light once over with the hand orbital is done too. it looks terrific.

now i need to clean and go buy polytung blend at hillyards. its supposed to rain off and on for the next few days so i should be able to knock this whole project off by the end of the week.
angolito

Postby angolito on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am

but never fear i am not leaving the 80% club. the window trim is not completely stripped and i couldn't wait so i stained about 80% of it. :D
angolito

Re: I may have passed 80%!!!!! and i may have to kill a chilean

Postby angolito on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:05 pm

okay. i finished finishing ( had to work that word in twice in one sentence) the floor in the room that will never end.

now i have the metal cabinets hung , the rolling metal handcarts done, and the base cabinet that matches with the original lino top. this is supposed to be the fun part.

so...... of course the husband (ingrate) who has been completely absent in all this work, now comes in and takes over. he is going to "organize" all his crap. translation, move it around a lot and never actually get more than half of it stored. :evil:

at least i get the rest of the upstairs back now. 8)
angolito

Postby Igloochic on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 pm

is the husband the chilean or did you make him move out since hubby was home? :twisted:
The James House - 1889 "Modern" Queen Anne
Igloochic

Postby angolito on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:53 pm

they are one and the same. lol. now i have to un-do some cabinet hanging since i scored a FABulous countertop which exactly matches the base cab i have.

i need to find a way to get He-who-never-completes-tasks to leave so i can fix my layout. the HC is one of those "it's good enough like this" types. easy to please but drives me nuts sometimes. :D
angolito

Postby melissakd on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:50 pm

angolito wrote:okay. i finished finishing ( had to work that word in twice in one sentence) the floor in the room that will never end.

now i have the metal cabinets hung , the rolling metal handcarts done, and the base cabinet that matches with the original lino top. this is supposed to be the fun part.

so...... of course the husband (ingrate) who has been completely absent in all this work, now comes in and takes over. he is going to "organize" all his crap. translation, move it around a lot and never actually get more than half of it stored. :evil:

at least i get the rest of the upstairs back now. 8)

The one word that jumps out at me is "handcart."
:)
MelissaKD
The Thaddeus W. Bayless House
Built between July 1863 and January 1865, major add/reno between 1890 and 1902
Style = Mutt
melissakd

Return to The Hangout Forum