dcsimg

The wierdest thing just happened to me!

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: The wierdest thing just happened to me!

Postby Texas_Ranger on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Maybe they are like me and the e-mail got lost... sometimes I don't want to reply immediately and then the mail gets pushed down on the list of priorities, even for weeks.
The bad thing with electricity : it almost always works.

http://whatapigsty.blogspot.com
Texas_Ranger

Postby lavender_bush on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Or your email went into their junk folder and was automatically deleted before they had a chance to check - If they do in fact check their junk mail :?
lavender_bush

Postby eclecticcottage on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 am

That sucks...I've been meaning to find out why we didn't get our title abstract with all the PO's names in it for the Cottage and see if I can find them, then write letters to see if anyone has any pics. The internet can be a good resource for stuff like that..if not a bit creepy, lol. I imagine I won't find anything at the historical society since it isn't a "signficant" home. Maybe after we finish cleaning it up a bit outside (it was rather neglected the past few years before we bought it).
The Cottage Blog: http://eclecticcottage.blogspot.com/

Current home: 1950's Summer Cottage turned year round home (the Cottage)
-@ 700 sq ft, heated with a wood stove, on the shore of Lake Ontario
Previous home: 1920's Vernacular (the Old House)
eclecticcottage

Postby lupinfarm on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

Hi eclecticcottage...I am in the same situation. My house is not of local historical importance. Actually some might say that
is not of any "real value" being what you might call a bit of a "Lemon". Not sure if the POs got my email but I did give them
my email address. Oh well just have to let it go I guess. I too have a lot of outside work to do. Nothing much was done here
for at least 25 years so everything is very run down. Spring has finally sprung around here-Yippee, so I will be starting on all
those outside jobs I didn't get around to doing last summer. Still not sure how long we will be living here, may decide to sell
and downsize in the near future ( to another old house). However if and when we do sell I don't want perspective buyers
to think it is a "Fire sale". That will only attract the house flippers. Seems that rural Ontario is no longer the "Undiscovered
country" it once used to be. The nearest village is in the process of being "gentrified". Hopefully this wont send all the locals
running for the hills.
putting the 18 back in my 1872 Victorian farmhouse.
lupinfarm

Previous

Return to The Hangout Forum