dcsimg

Wondering...

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Wondering...

Postby oldhouseluvr on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am

if its safe to go back in the water? JK, but seriously, its been a long time since I visited the OHW Forums. The spam got so bad, it wasn't worth the trouble (and that's saying a lot for an oldhouseluvr like me!). For some reason, i also thought the forums were being shut down. This morning I was pleasantly surprised to receive a forum notification from OHW. So... is it safe to come back?
oldhouseluvr

Re: Wondering...

Postby oldhouseluvr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks, SkipW. I'll have to get familiar again when I have a few minutes to spare. I am on wavy glass too, but haven't stopped there lately. Hopefully WG is going strong. Old house lovers need a place to hang out together. :)
oldhouseluvr

Postby bmer on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Just jumped on board here, and haven't noticed any problems. Will soon see if anyone likes my contributions, or comments. So far it seems slow and quiet(?)
bmer

Postby bmer on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Skip....... with all the links, I did go to Wavy for a look. But, settled here for now. Someone posted here, that they too were getting the spam problem(?) Hope both have settled down. Keep up your double snooping to help us out.
bmer

Postby mattswabb on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:47 pm

No spam problems over there. If they do post the posts are deleted quickly unlike here.
mattswabb

Postby pqtex on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 am

this is interesting...I'd posted a reply here about spam continuing, but eventually getting deleted...and my reply was deleted after a few days! Yes, spam is still a problem here, but spammers aren't the only ones getting deleted.

When you see an old thread pop to the top without any recent posts to it, that's the result of spammers posting to the thread, then once moderators delete the spammers, the old thread is still at the top. Seems like it happens most on the weekends. It sometimes takes days for the spam to be deleted.
My great-grandparents' 1913 farmhouse

Too bad the spam got so bad. Some of us have been spending time at the new community for folks with a love of old houses at wavyglass.org
pqtex

Postby oldhouseluvr on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 pm

PQ - that is odd. I saw your first reply but haven't had time to comment. Clearly things aren't quite right here. :)
oldhouseluvr

Postby SkipW on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:51 pm

do not touch the controls, do not touch the horizontal, do not touch the vertical...

There is nothing wrong with your computer....you are in the OHW Zone....

They come, they go...posts may or may not be real.....

Da, Da, Da......

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right. - - - Henry Ford
SkipW

Return to The Hangout Forum