Its been a WHILE since I posted but we did get some things done in spite of the heat waves...
We put a lot of effort into cleaning up the gardens, expanding a couple of them, mulching, reworking the borders. Now the gardens are great but the lawn is a disaster.
I got most of the foundation re-pointing done. Still some work on grading and drainage left.
I finally cleaned out the crawl space this weekend. Mike Holmes would have condemned the place. I took out something like 8 contractor bags of old rotting insulation that had been stapled up to the underside of the floor with chicken wire. Glad I got it all out too because it was covering a rats nest of old wiring including one cutoff LIVE run of BX that's just dangling there waiting to set something on fire
I got the new exterior doors ordered and lined up help for the job. We decided to redo the front hall as part of the project including restoring the removed thumb-latches on the original interior doors etc. I'll post up a separate thread with before and after shots as we do the job in September.
No gutters yet. Still on the list.
A bunch of other projects we had in mind got back burner-ed as i need to work on converting the office into a nursery.........