New Lincrusta design Passeri RD 1971

Questions and answers relating to houses built in the 1800s and before.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

mr Lincrusta

New Lincrusta design Passeri RD 1971

Post by mr Lincrusta »

New for 2014 and classically Lincrusta, Passeri is inspired by French ornate cultivated gardens, incorporating songbirds and floral bouquets set within a classical ogee ornament.

Design has been inspired by PRE 1900 design.

ROLL DIMENSIONS:
533mm (21 inches) x 10m (11 yards)
DESIGN REPEAT:
1014mm (40 inches) Straight Match
Attachments
RD1971 Passeri - portrait natural small.jpg
RD1971 Passeri - portrait natural small.jpg (73.22 KiB) Viewed 8494 times
RD1971 Passeri - product close up small.jpg
RD1971 Passeri - product close up small.jpg (106.97 KiB) Viewed 8494 times

sparrowhaunt

Re: New Lincrusta design Passeri RD 1971

Post by sparrowhaunt »

Glad to see a new design with the birds and foliage. I know you've looked up info for others, if you get a moment I'd love any info on this original gilded lincrusta/anaglypta from our approx. 1886 Shingle Queen Anne. You'll see it's rather unusual with it's birds, moths, cicadas and poppy pods. Is there any chance of having these old designs custom run in the future?
lincrusta small.jpg
lincrusta small.jpg (325.82 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
lincrusta small2.jpg
lincrusta small2.jpg (164.92 KiB) Viewed 8434 times

melissakd

Post by melissakd »

First of all, wow, that new design is gorgeous.

Secondly, yes and no, there is not a chance of having a custom design run, unless you're willing to pay to have the machinery created for it (rollers or whatever they use). I bet they would, but I'm imagining it would cost many thousands of dollars.

Thirdly, wow, your old design is incredibly gorgeous. It's SO Aesthetic; it must have been the ne plus ultra of fashion in 1886.

IMO as a total non-expert: If you could make a mold, you might succeed in producing homemade Anaglypta. You'd need to shake the bushes to find someone who knows mold-making (a makeup effects artist? I've been watching FaceOff), and maybe one of those crafty souls who make their own paper, pick their brains, experiment a little, and then keep slinging papier-mâché till you have enough to cover the walls.
The Thaddeus W. Bayless House
Built between July 1863 and January 1865, major add/reno between 1890 and 1902
Style = Mutt

melissakd

Post by melissakd »

I had one other idea: Find burlap or other fabric to replicate the background, then somehow produce the foliage elements and lay them in place. I have even less idea of how this would work than I did about my first idea.

Finally, you could just use the aforementioned fabric to fill in plain panels and work around the missing patterned bits....
The Thaddeus W. Bayless House
Built between July 1863 and January 1865, major add/reno between 1890 and 1902
Style = Mutt

sparrowhaunt

Post by sparrowhaunt »

Yeah, I'm not one to boast, but as far as wallpaper goes, I think I have the best :D Too bad that those little sections are ALL I have... So moldmaking and such (all of which I'm crazy enough to try) is out the window since I don't even have a full repeat. My insane hope is that the pattern is so very special, spectacular and awesome that someone will decide to reproduce it. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery!
I think that's the problem with restoring old houses, you find some scrap of what's supposed to be there, and suddenly nothing else will do... (and FaceOff, yes!)

mr Lincrusta

Re: Old Design

Post by mr Lincrusta »

Yes I will have a look through the Historical book, problem some designs were only manufactured for the USA market!

secondly pity you do not have the full repeat other wise we have a restoration Kit that can copy the design and replicate

Thirdly yes we can copy the design , by tooling a new roller but it would cost you 26.000 POUNDS STERLING.

Leave it with me for a few days and I will get back to you, can you e mail me directly on andy.sarson@cwvgroup.com

Cheers

mr Lincrusta

Re: O

Post by mr Lincrusta »

I am also talking to BO in the USA

mr Lincrusta

Post by mr Lincrusta »

Not forgotten you, Bo is still looking I have also got the Anaglypta boys on the case as well.

Cheers

Andy

sparrowhaunt

Post by sparrowhaunt »

Thanks so much! And 26,000 pounds? That'll be a drop in the bucket once I win the lottery...

mr Lincrusta

Post by mr Lincrusta »

LOL STILL ON THE CASE I have another as well on a section of Furniture