Quonset hut repair

Questions, answers and advice for people who own or work on houses built during the 20th century.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

quonset

Quonset hut repair

Post by quonset »

I have a 24" hole in the arched section of my Quonset hut. The picture shown is of the hole with the pieces the the previous owner cut out and i tack welded back in. i am not good enough with the welder to run a good bead on such thin galvanized metal but is is relatively structural.

The main difficulty is the arched section combined with the 10" deep ridge combined with the small corrugation. i can figure out how to flash or cover the area with anything rigid. I have been recommended to use lead but am very unfamiliar with its use.

Any good suggestion. unable to find panels to replace.
Attachments
3E23K93Ma5L35G45J6d6i0696b81237681670.jpg
3E23K93Ma5L35G45J6d6i0696b81237681670.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
IMG_20130811_084722_385.jpg
IMG_20130811_084722_385.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 3335 times

LorenaBlairBOp

trangenderdate

Post by LorenaBlairBOp »

con artists get slicker

while, Like most everything else internet, Scam emails have became accomplished. They aren so easy to identify. Those fake letterheads supposedly from your commercial lender look more legitimate, And those fake emails informing you your Apple account has been destroyed are very convincing on first read. surely, Email isn really the only tool with which to conduct fraud. Con artists use social networking and online dating services, and a good, old land lines and face to face interactions, To talk thousands of Canadians truly seniors out of their money.

Many of those tips are theoretically convenient and easy to follow, Such as ignoring or deleting cynical emails. But then excellent artwork i just define suspicious. Will the looking email from Apple raise suspicion? may well be, But that relies on a person level of Internet literacy, Which is something many of us overlook. Will an official sounding phone call from a reputable sounding organisation raise suspicion? What about a person you think you falling deeply in love with? criminals aren always easily detected. Often they aren pieces of very good advice such as "Make sure all your questions are answered" so "Don give out any information to anyone you do not know or trust" Go ignored on a regular, Particularly in the matter of our life on the Internet. assume all those 1,000 page user agreements you certainly never read. You visited Agree anyway, Didn shoppers? Me pretty. We give out all kinds of strategy to people (perused: lenders) We don know all the time. It where we communicate, It from which we date, It where we bank and where we shop. if you could track it, There probably an app for it whether we talking about your budget or your period. We trust security systems designed to protect produce a full, Such as data shield of encryption, And usually it works out pretty well for us. strategy, You end up buying gas for anyone in Peterborough, zoosk.com reviews Ont. technological know-how makes our life easier until it doesn the take home message shouldn be "Trust get rid of, Never go on the web and, your, Maybe never go worldwide ever, Victims of fraud are except, subjects. no matter what many steps we take to keep our information safe, There always a new scam or more state-of-the-art hacker, Leaving tech companies and law enforcement alike scrambling to keep up. As John Oliver implied in a recent episode of his HBO show Last Week Tonight on, Topically, Encryption Apple slogan needs to be "join us as we dance madly on the lip of the volcano, Everyone is trying to puzzle out how to keep your information safe. And we should be demanding a lot of systems designed to protect us.