dcsimg

1729 Central Chimney Cape Owns Us .. very soon

Here is where you can show off the pictures of your old home.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: 1729 Central Chimney Cape Owns Us .. very soon

Postby lupinfarm on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum. Love your cute cape house. i to have one of those outside cellar ( ours goes into a cave of sorts). Since
it has cement sides ( used to be field stone ) I plan on doing a PT wood sill with a foam gasket to prevent rotting. On top 2 cedar t&g doors ( cross braced at back). Secured with hand forged black hinges and a large latch to secure them.
I saw this on a house in town and loved it. But before I can do that I have resore the steps which are badly crumbled due
to being exposed to the elements.
putting the 18 back in my 1872 Victorian farmhouse.
lupinfarm

Postby utopia13 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 pm

All I can say is...WOW! What a place. The house, the property, that amazing barn...the cute little screened porch.... Everything!

I cannot wait to see more! Your place just might be one of, if not the, oldest member of our group here! That's quite a feat! :shock:
This site has been ruined by spam. All regular forum members have moved to http://www.thehistoricdistrict.org/
Come join us!!!

ca 1916 Craftsman Bungalow
utopia13

Postby Don M on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Great place, great projects, the barn & carriage house look like the POs spent a lot of money saving/rebuilding them. Congratulations & welcome! Don
1840 Limestone Farmhouse
Don M

Previous

Return to The Picture Forum