when to call in the pros

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Don M

Post by Don M »

Keep in mind that men often hate asking for help or admitting they they really need it. I am a man so can say that; I hate asking directions! I don't mind seeking help for things I don't know how to do. I have taken picture framing classes and I had an electrician show me how to wire my house. He didn't have time and I didn't have much money. He told me what to do, I had an elementary knowledge of wiring. I wired an entire 3700 Sq Ft all-electric house and it passed inspection. It was a much neater job than most electricians do! You do need buy-in from your spouse and your idea of classes sounds like an excellent way to get there. Try to get across to him that taking classes or learning new things doesn't make him a less manly man!
Good luck, Don

wessieball

Post by wessieball »

I'm single and my dad and I are doing a lot of the work ourselves so it's all up to me how we go about things (since I'm the one footing the bill). It sounds like your husband is a little less than willing to compromise. I'm only 24 and I've already learned my lesson in trying to do things your way and not following directions. That's why I've hired out a lot of the work because I know that I could possibly burn my house down if I wired it. I can handle framing and finish work but I can't install a furnace.

LorenaBlairBOp

mingle2 dating site

Post by LorenaBlairBOp »

Police issue warning to internet based daters after woman is raped and beaten by man she met online

(File drawing) Police have warned about the dangers of online dating after a woman was raped by a man she met online, philip Ramsey, found in Clapham, South central london

Following his belief yesterday for rape, Wounding and thieves, A judge warned Ramsey he faced months behind bars. Police said the case showed value of thoroughly vetting internet dates.

RELATED ARTICLES ancient 1 2 Next

Thug stabs police dog and its handler after he committed knife attack on his own father Riot killer's mother 'cut up distinctive clothing of son to thwart police investigation' Teen raped and set alight in Ukraine speaks from hospital bed in a harrowing video

Ramsey and his victim had spent four days chatting on the dating website which claims to be 'responsible for more dates and more associations than any other dating site' before arranging to meet for drinks in Brixton, South paris, france, Last august.

'He seemed like a nice guy. The date was running smoothly. I thought we had a lot in keeping,' she told Inner paris, france Crown Court.

cyberspace FIRM CATERING FOR 32MILLION LONELY HEARTSPlentyoffish, The dating web business Peter Ramsey used to meet his victim, Has had a chequered history since it was placed in 2003.

It has supposedly been used by male stalkers and by Colin Blanchard, Who was jailed yr after for leading a paedophile ring.

When police perused Blanchard's links to Little Ted's Nursery in Plymouth they found he had used the site to groom accomplices.

He used his mobile phone to store the names and photos of women he had met on PlentyOfFish although most cut contact with him when he began to share child abuse.

of course, quite a few, as well as care worker Tracy Dawber, Allowed themselves to be groomed and took photographs of your kids in their care being abused.

The Canadian based website is a free forum that dateinasia allows its 32million users to look for and message potential partners. moderators say it is the largest of its kind in the world, With the numerous users growing by 30 per cent a year. an average of, 30,000 sign up every day and your website receives 250million visits a month.

they have a section dedicated to safety tips that advises: 'There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.or,--

It was established by Markus Frind, Who graduated from British Columbia Institute of systems in 1999.

It generates revenue through advertising and a premium service.

They went for a meal before you take a taxi back to her flat near Clapham Common, The woman believing he would definitely walk her to her front door.

When he leant in for a kiss and she or he pulled away, She rumoured he 'switched'. He pinned her from the wall and rained punches on her face until she collapsed.

When she screamed he used one hand to cover her mouth and some other to keep hitting her. 'I thought I was going to die,' she celebrity fad.

Ramsey raped her then left her bleeding in the grass, Stole her bag and used her Oyster travelcard to trap a night bus home to the flat he was crashing at in Forest Hill, South newcastle.

His person staggered to her feet, called for help and was found by a passer by. Her new mother, Who had heard the screams, Rushed out to find her badly injured and traumatised girl.

the next day Ramsey, Who has convictions for shoplifting and assaulting police, Left two messages on his victim's mobile phone telling her he was sorry, Had sobered up and felt something had developed that 'wasn't good'. He was arrested a week later after a DNA match and CCTV footage showed him on a bus near the scene.

Ramsey, Who boasted that he had been out with hundreds of women, Told police the having sex had been consensual and that he had left the young woman arguing with another man who must have beaten her.

But he was found guilty of rape, Wounding with motive to cause grievous bodily harm and theft. detective Constable Richard Huggins, Who led the search, menti one d: 'This woman was unrecognisable wedding and reception attack. I have been in the police for 14 years and these were some of the shocking facial injuries I have seen.