Crown Molding with Pciture Molding

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Vlada

Post by Vlada »

That is a great idea raymanretro. Some of the rooms in our house is lacking in crown molding but there isn't a square room in the house if you know what I mean. That is a great alternative for rooms where crown molding would be a challenge. I will try to get the crown to work first though since it is more appropriate for our Vic.
1900 Eclectic Victorian

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/Zeatiex/

All truth is paradox.

jimpennnn

Post by jimpennnn »

I'm looking for a sageish green like the one in your photo for my painting studio. Who makes that one and what's it called.

hope you don't mind me stealing your color, but you know what they say imitation is...

thanks,
-jim

1922Colonial

Post by 1922Colonial »

I think hanging a picture rail is a great idea! You don't have to have crown moulding, it all depends on the look you are after. Crown can really dress a room up in my opinion.
I plan on installing picture rails in every room of my house. I don't know if my house originaly had it or not but I don't really care. After the many hours of hard work patching plaster who wants to tear it up with a bunch of holes in the wall! My upstairs rooms all have ceiling heights that are just under 8'. I plan on putting the picture rail as close to the ceiling as possible and painting it, the walls, and the ceiling the same color so it kind of dissapears. I don't want it to be seen any more than a hole in the wall after moving a picture. Downstairs will have crown and picture rail. But that is the look I am after. It's all a matter of taste.
It's not a Sears home, it's an Aladdin!

LorenaBlairBOp

trangenderdate

Post by LorenaBlairBOp »

Is it the superior dating site for men

online dating is a tough business. you will out, There a mountain of sites to pick from; Knowing where to start can be intimidating understandably.

OkCupid (OKC) Stands out because it is structure dating sites out there. It's has 30 million energetic users, With a million logging into websites every day. but, Even longing for you,signs there only a million to one chance someone will date you, theoretically, There a man/woman/omnisexual on to put you.

Sound providing? surely, strangely, It's actually one of the immediate problems with OKC. The site as an absolute hive of polyamorous kinksters, Furries too as other assorted people at the odd end of the dating site pool. evidently the world's more extreme sexual daters have found safety in the OKC numbers game and gathered in one place to pester each other.

rationale lies in OKC's modus operandi. When you join to the site, As well as drafting the normal essay about how great you are and uploading four out of focus photographs from that period in 2006 when you were hot, You answer a raft of multiple choice points. These add fairly ordinary ( You date a nicotine user? To the extraordinarily weird ( Are your thoughts and opinions on Eugenics?

the questions are picked at random from a list of tens of thousands. You have to answer 50 firstly, So the site can build a picture of just what you are. then, The more requests you answer, The more probability the OKC algorithm will find you a match. therefore, without requiring much thought, you're able to fairly easily sculpt your profile to find, as an example, A gay eugenics pipe smoke cooker.

The profusion of kinky folk can get fairly horrifying at times, particularly, much like me, Your lovemaking appetites are fairly tame.

One woman sent me an email with a five point list of things she would do to me. Long situation short, It involved going to her sex dungeon and being locked in a cage while she choked me and her husband relieved himself on me.

the content ended in the most English way imaginable: "Do let me know if that sounds like to your liking, I with good grace declined. Call us a prude, But urine soaked homoerotic strangulation is not my bag at all.

The other reason all this type of person on OKC is, undoubtedly, That your website is free to join. And it's pof sign up here the places you encounter the second major drawback.

wait alittle, I perceive you say. Free isn't good? really, certain, in my opinion of online dating, Free is very extremely bad. Free sites are packed full with spammers and scammers and people finding casual sex. Even if that latter category sounds attractive to you, which people blithely (Or seriously) Looking for a squeeze between the sheets can put more earnest daters off.

OKC may have a great member count, But most women find its barrage of sex requests and outright abuse an instant red flag. some top messages are absolutely astonishing. One female friend lamented to me that she got so many messages per day (Most saying she felt that she in the middle of a toad knot Another sent a polite rejection to a man only to be called a "Feminazi " frequently. This isn a one off occurrence; It seems the normal experience for women on the site.

There are very different levels of this pestery few people get as many creepy messages as Asian women (tackled here). But immediately after weeks of messages that make the YouTube comment boards look sane, the ladies give up on it. As not enough people actually bother deleting their profile, Part of the torment of using OKC is wondering large enough. person you've messaged is ignoring you or simply met a lovely bloke six months ago.

mind you, It not all bad you'll find lovely women on there, And the site has a huge success rate in matching partners. One person I know went in the exact location, Answered as many messages as lousy manage, Didn't bother writing a profile, Found a guy through a 99pc match, And remains to be with him today.

As i think, actually, I think my connection with the site was typical. I met one woman who has been boring, One woman who almost bit my finger off over a treat, And the wife I with today. I got what I wanted from the site although it wasn't always the beloved experience.