Location forums

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Postby Schag on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:23 pm

greystoneowner, you live a hop skip and a jump over from me.
Oh and all my relatives live over the river in the Boothill of Missouri, and my cousin live just down the road from you in Jackson.
This map thing is cool. :D
Schag

Postby greystoneowner on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Schag wrote:greystoneowner, you live a hop skip and a jump over from me.
Oh and all my relatives live over the river in the Boothill of Missouri, and my cousin live just down the road from you in Jackson.
This map thing is cool. :D

I lived in Jackson all my life, till we moved to Milan. I still work in Jackson. We lived in an old district there too, but crime got to be a little too much to deal with. Two cars stolen was two too many.....Anyway not what this thread is about........We used to come to your neck of the woods to play quite often when hubs was in a more active band. This map thing is cool. Learning things already. :lol: Oh yeah you better watch out, we are close enough to take you up on that beer. :D
~jessica~
greystoneowner

Postby Mr. Mike on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:02 pm

Very cool. I'm digging the satellite views of everyone's properties :D
Mr. Mike

Postby Schag on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Come on down.
I'd love to show the old gal off to someone that might appreciate her.
Also, my neighbor brews his own beer and is always happy to share. :wink:

As for Jackson, my Aunt Jean, my cousin Garrett and her mom Vicky Lynn (now deceased) all live right there in town.
Schag

Postby HappyInHartwood on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm on the map now, too. Any time you OHW'ers are coming up I-95, plan ahead and give me a shout. I love company!
Connie
1848 Gothic Revival
http://www.hartwoodroses.blogspot.com
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
HappyInHartwood

Postby barrett on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:42 pm

i love old vermont. no satalitte views. the map is waaaay outdated, 30 year old roads are misssing...

oh well, i'm on there. nobody else for miles and miles.

barrett
barrett

Postby angolito on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:47 pm

dammit danno. i can't tell if i got the darn thing to go on or not. thanks a lot for totally outing me as the MOST computer ignorant dolt here.

where am i again?

this thing is cool if i could make it work.
angolito

Re: Location forums

Postby KSR on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Danno wrote:I was thinking that it would be cool to have a couple of "Hangout"-type forums, that were location specific. You could break it down into maybe time zones, or chunks of states, or regions however you like. It'd give people the opportunity to make more local connections. i know that people usually get hooked up somehow over time. I, for example, was lucky enough to find out about a local Preservation Society from a member (now their president) who is on this forum (Yes, that's you, Iowa4Square). I'd still be in the dark about that was it not for this forum!

Anyway, who's with me on this!?!?!?

Well, sure, but I may as well be in the Siberian Regional Hangout...Forum for One? :wink: Or maybe I could be adopted by another sympathetic region for a while until more southwesterners are recruited....
KSR

Postby Mary Alice on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:51 pm

Very cool map thing-y! I'm in! :)

M. A.
Mary Alice

Postby Abuela on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:02 pm

HB wrote:Abuela, hope your neighbor across the street invites you to use the pool today. It is HOT HOT HOT on the east coast today!~

LMAO

Well, I purposefully didn't zoom all the way in before I plunked down my little guy, so that swimming pool is about 6 blocks away from me, but we have our own little 10' pool in the back. Today I stayed INSIDE though -- why, because we have central air now!!!

:::evil laugh since I'm sure that you were all hoping that you'd heard the last of my HVAC stories and sagas!!:::
"Finished" is all a state of mind. ~Angolito

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou

My house journal: http://retrovation.blogspot.com/
Abuela

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout Forum