English Ivy -- Outdoor Care
- English Ivy groundcovers should be mowed with a mower set at its highest setting in the early spring. Fertilize and water immediately after.
- English Ivy should be planted in shaded locations that are protected from winter winds and sun. Plants are slow to establish and fill in.
- This clinging vine is most often used as a ground cover but it also climbs on tree, buildings and other objects.
- Grow this vine in shaded spots as it may winterburn on exposed sites.
- Cultivars have been selected for better cold tolerance and ornamental value: 'Baltica' - better cold tolerance; 'Thorndale' - better cold tolerance.
Inside Old House Web