Humidity -- Increasing
1. Place plants in typically humid rooms such as the bathroom, kitchen or laundry rooms.
2. Group plants together. As water transpires through the leaves, a miniature humidity chamber is temporarily created.
3. Use a cool water vaporizer.
4. Use a humidifier. Turn the thermostat down to 65? F.
5. Set plants on a tray filled with pea gravel. Fill the tray with water, just below the bottom of the pot. As the water evaporates, the plants will be surrounded by a temporary humidity change.
Articles in this collection were copyrighted 1995 by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois. For full copyright information about the articles in this encyclopedia, click here.