- Keeping your cool the old-fashioned way
Air-conditioning can drive up your electricity bills. Keeping your cool with these tried-and-true tricks can help lower your bottom line costs while keeping your house comfortable.
- Choosing a Bathroom Fan
Thanks to improved design, bathroom exhaust fans can be unobtrusive as well as efficient. Look for a model with a low 'sone' rating.
- Victorian Heat Efficiency
A pastor in England wonders if cast-iron radiators can heat as efficiently.
- Air conditioner maintenance 101
Clean & service units before the heat of summer
- Ductless, Split-System Air-Conditioners
Here's an approach to consider in older houses where ductwork isn't feasible or desireable.
- How air conditioning changed America
It opened the South to development -- but spelled an end to the front porch.
- Quick Tips for Keeping Cool
Looking to cut energy costs while still staying cool this summer? Start here