Archive of Old House Questions & Answers
- Can solar panels help reduce heating costs?
- More Lead Paint Concerns
- No air ducts? How to add air conditioning to your old house
- Are Solar Hot Water Panels a Smart Step?
- Cleaning up beams and posts in your old barn
- Old House Blogger Contest: Halloween Edition
- Green Kitchen Cabinets are Your Old Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting and Repair Advice for an Old Post and Beam House
- Hanging a Heavy Coat Rack on a Plaster Wall
- Ordering Firewood: Getting What You Pay For
- When an Authentic Arts and Crafts Finish Leaves You Fuming
- Cutting the Heating Bill by Closing off Unused Rooms
- Cast Iron Radiators: Breaking Up is Hard to Do
- Applying a Clear Coat to a Refurbished Cast Iron Radiator
- Facing a foundation with stone veneer hides a lot of boring concrete
- Cleaning a Timbered Ceiling
- Old, Soft, Crumbly Mortar
- Historic Preservation Vs. Composite Decking
- Fixing Leaks in a Stone House
- Relocating Cast Iron Radiators
- Flashing - What is it and why is it important?
- Frost in the attic - a sign of trouble?
- Tankless water heaters - a good choice?
Inside Old House Web