When jobs go bad
If you have a problem with your home improvement project, first try to resolve it with the contractor. Many disputes can be resolved at this level.
Follow any phone conversations with a letter you send by certified mail. Request a return receipt. That's your proof that the company received your letter. Keep a copy for your files.
If you can't get satisfaction, consider contacting the following organizations for further information and help:
- State and local consumer protection offices.
- Your state or local Builders Association and/or Remodelers Council.
- Your local Better Business Bureau.
- Action line and consumer reporters. Check with your local newspaper, TV, and radio stations for contacts.
- Local dispute resolution programs.
|<-Back to introduction|
The Old House Web