'Tis the Season!

Here is where you can show off the pictures of your old home.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

oldhouseluvr

'Tis the Season!

Post by oldhouseluvr »

...to share pictures of your Christmas trees. We put up two or three trees every year, but so far only one is finished. I've been spending way too much time at the schoolhouse. This is the traditional tree in our family room. It's decorated with the ornaments we've collected over the course of our marriage.

And I'll take this opportunity to introduce the newest member of our family. This is Zelda, our 6 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup, posed for her first Christmas pic!

Daniel Meyer

Re: 'Tis the Season!

Post by Daniel Meyer »

We put up two...one in the Old Vic and one in the tower of our building on the square.

Don't have pics of the one in the Old Vic yet...but here's the one on the square:

It's a LOT bigger than it looks...a 7.5 foot tree on a three foot pedestal...those windows are HUGE (something like 12 feet tall).

Looks GREAT at night...lots of lights!

Gonna have to find a taller tree for next year.

btw: Cute Corgi!
CUAgain,
Daniel Meyer
Author. Adventurer. Electrician. Cat God.
http://theoldvictorian.com
http://lifeisaroad.com

oldhouseluvr

Post by oldhouseluvr »

Daniel - your tower looks even more beautiful with a Christmas tree in it! I bet its the talk of the town. I can tell you that if I lived there, I would be pretty pleased to see the work that you're doing and the fact that you care enough to put up a tree.

We have another tree to set up in the dining room bay, but we're off to the Candlelight tour in Cape May, NJ today so it will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Anyone else have their tree up yet?

oldhouseluvr

Post by oldhouseluvr »

We're back! While we toured I took pictures of a few of the trees that were especially pretty, or in the case of Congress Hall, that is especially HUGE!

Congress Hall's outdoor tree:

Southern Mansion parlor tree:

John F. Craig House tree and train layout. This is in the parlor of the B&B. The line for this house was unbelievably long, but it's one of those that once you enter your don't want to leave. The decor and the Christmas decorations are beautiful and comfortable.

oldhouseluvr

Post by oldhouseluvr »

Here's our second tree in the dining room bay.

Sombreuil_Mongrel

Post by Sombreuil_Mongrel »

Welcome Yule!!

cs

Post by cs »

"...Not a creature was stirring - especially the dog..."

Chris
http://www.saracenihouse.com

Igloochic

Post by Igloochic »

I love the holidays...Casey I want to visit you and rob you in the middle of the night...you wouldn't miss that fabulous spandril would you?

Chris...is that a boat? I'm going to click on your link after I finish...but yummy...that's the only word I have for that room!

Daniel..I learned the value of a tall tree this year LOL The big windows really do dwarf a big tree LOL

What a great thread to start and I love the holiday tour pics!

We were on the VIctorian Society home tour this year so I'm a bit ummm Christmased out (and will probably do just as much next year LOL). Santa has been barfing holiday cheer on every floor...be patient, we have ten trees....

My son's tree which we keep in the Chinese room (not decorated with gorgeous chinese antiques...but instead with plastic toys from China...he's 5).

I had fun with garland this year...umm turns out I'm allergic to cedar (so now I am afraid to remove it or it might kill me LOL)

My cute little tree of vintage ornaments in the smoking parlor:

Note the smoking parlor...it's repainted with no more insipid wall pape!

Dining room tree just before the tour (hence the undone table and the chairs pulled out):

The music room tree full of Radko ornaments I've been collecting for years:

More cedar...argh

The tree in the servants quarters which is decorated with grandma's ornaments and bottles found in the cistern:

We call this tree big bird...it's all white feathers:

The tree in the master suite, victorian to classic (1950's ornamnets) in a 1926 electricians nightmare stand:
The James House - 1889 "Modern" Queen Anne

cs

Post by cs »

Yikes! So ten trees, PLUS all the other garlands and decorating? I doff my hat to you, ma'am! That's some time-consuming work!

Chris
http://www.saracenihouse.com

Theresa

Post by Theresa »

I think I've posted these before but the decoration doesn't change much from year to year. The photo in my signature is the exterior view with the Christmas Tree in the bay.
Theresa
Huntley, Illinois
http://www.theresabrandon.com