heat plate supplier?

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Fred

heat plate supplier?

Post by Fred »

I have been searching for some time for a company that makes or sells heat plates (for exterior paint removal). Any info would be appreciated!

aun@blast.net

Ken Holmes

Re: heat plate supplier?

Post by Ken Holmes »

As of a year or so ago, Warner was still manufacturing a heat plate, similar to the ones that used to be advertised in the old house and restoration magazines. They cost about $50. I'd try a couple of local hardware stores where you live. While they might not have one, they probably can order one for you. Again, what you're looking for is a Warner Heat Plate.

Good luck, Ken Holmes

kholmes@mail.oldhouseweb.com

fred

Post by fred »

Thanks Ken. I'll give it a try. The heat plate will join my arsenal of torches, heat guns, sanders, Peel Away, scrapers, ladders, pump jacks, dental tools etc. I'm about to enter my third year of stripping an old Victorian of a century's worth of alligatored paint.

aun@blast.net

Ken Holmes

Post by Ken Holmes »

You know, it isn't every day that one sees heat guns and dental tools mentioned in the same sentence. Gotta love old house work!

fred

Post by fred »

As long as we never see heat guns and dental tools mentioned in any threads found in a dentistry newsgroup. Or Peel Away, for that matter.

aun@blast.net