Painting Top of House near Electric Wires

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

BobG

Post by BobG »

Our utility company cut off the power to our home while we had some work done near the service entry. they did it no charge, and on short notice. They asked us when we wanted it off and when to hook it back up. What the guy did was pull the meter, after verifying that we had all breakers off, then he cut the lines and rolled them back away from the porch roof, so the roofers wouldn't come near them. He coiled them up and suspended them from the support cable. When he hooked them back up, he put a sleeve around the connection near the service entrance at our request.

I was an electrician in a past life. I'm not a hot wire yahoo ... I turn off power prior to working on any household power circuit, and I STILL check unknown circuits dead with my meter.... call me Monk ... but I'm still alive, and not by happenstance, either.
Square, Plumb, or Level ... Pick two.
Our Home: 3,550sf 1891 Queen Anne / Victorian Eclectic
http://www.1160main.com/webdoc7.htm
visit my blog and make a comment

LorenaBlairBOp

www.mingle2.com

Post by LorenaBlairBOp »

Anyone else get terrible self esteem after trying online dating site

support is not helpful unless asia me reviews it integrates real, Personal knowing of the OP feelings and situation.

Anything explicit or inciting included with suicide or self harm.

Claims about the efficacy of any healing or self help strategy including religion.

Please don diagnose others or advocate for or against specific corrects or self help strategies.

In response to a person who asked for help, It okay to go into detail how something worked (Or didn for everyone, But it never okay to prescribe for anybody else.

Our focus is on support rather than just "steps, If you are searching for a more solution oriented community, examine /r/getting_over_it/ or /r/GetMotivated.

Don say you simply here to help, Show it by reacting supportively to our OPs.

empathy, underpin, And feedback are almost always more helpful than advice. including inviting PMs as a first resort.

If you have trouible with knowing how best to empathize and connect with others, This brief video from Bren Brown and the RSA may help.

You don need special practical experience or expertise to help, You just need to be non judgmental and interested in understanding the other person experience.

become a Redditorand join one of thousands of communities.12

??

I tried online dating site when I was feeling better but the absolute constant rejection you face as a guy just got me down. Sending hundreds of messages and getting a few replies only for them to stop responding mid call made me get terrible self esteem. Makes me think I either must be hideous or have a terrible persona. I haven brought myself up to since. I suffered with poor self esteem my whole life and frankly I feel as a guy there isn a damn thing to do about it. We don have any outlets in order to assist and it just further annoys me.

I haven gone on a date in years and haven had a honey in 5 years. I don even get sound advice anymore. I gotten so used to being single that it not even an issue anymore, It normal or how life is supposed to be. I don know if I accepted fate as being single forever and never locating a perfect person. I have absolutely no freaking idea where men and women my age, 28, Do properly go. The more I tried online dating the more I certain it a scam and doesn work. Due to my past romance relationship being an emotional abusive one I have little to no trust in women. I sorry she ruined a completely gender but she did.

How do other guys deal with this? the deficiency of self esteem that comes from near constant rejection? Having already low self esteem and no confidence just keep trying isn plausible sadly. It only makes trouble worse.