Page 1 of 1

Help with wooden floor joists

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 pm
by Turnbough519
My home currently has these old wooden floor joists and it looks to me like they need to be repaired/replaced and the floor has become bouncy, and this particular joist has a very very slight sag to it. Couple of questions - what is this kind of notching called? I've searched high and low and cannot find any images of similar joists. Is this something that can be braced or will we need to replace the whole thing? Why is it so off center? The home was built in 1947.