The Old House Blogger Contest is Back With a Halloween Spin
Editor’s note: the submission guidelines were amended on October 26th to make it easier for entrants to submit their stories.
Love scary stories? Love blogging? The Old House Blogger Contest is back, but this time we want your old house related ghost stories. Enter the Old House Blogger Contest: Halloween Edition for a chance to win a $500 Lowe’s gift certificate and/or one of five weekly $100 gift cards.
How to Enter and Win:
- Write and submit your ghost story themed blog post in one of two ways: (1) By posting your submission in the “Haunted house stories, please share!” forum thread (where others can read and comment on your story). Or (2) by emailing the entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Old House Blogger Contest: Halloween Edition.” (Be sure to include your name and contact info.)
- Our favorite entries will be posted on the OldHouseWeb.com Blog. Follow OldHouseWeb.com on Twitter, Facebook, and/or RSS for contest updates.
- Weekly entries will be eligible for a weekly prize and all entries will be eligible for the grand prize.
- Share your entry on twitter, facebook, on your blog! invite your friends and family to read, share, rate, and comment on your posts (page views, comments, star ratings and shares will be factored into the judging process).
- View the official contest rules.
Entries submitted without or incorrect contact information will not be eligible.
Winning entries will be judged on the following criteria (in no particular order of importance):
- Is your blog entry original, captivating, and easy to read?
- Is your blog entry appropriate for the contest theme?
- Does your blog post speak to old house enthusiasts?
- Did you share your entry with friends, family and across social networks?
- Has your post generated traffic or earned links from other websites?
Awards — Weekly $100 and Grand Prize $500 Lowe’s Gift Cards
Each Friday beginning October 8, 2010 five weekly $100 gift card will be awarded to the best blog entry (submitted during the week) as determined by our judging panel. One grand prize winner, as determined by our judging panel, will be awarded a $500 gift card.
Have a favorite blogger who tackles topics relevant to old houses? Nominate one of their posts and they could win $250 towards their next home improvement project. Who knows, maybe they’ll split the winnings with you.
The grand prize winner will be announced on November 12, 2010, five weekly winners will be announced each Friday beginning October 8, 2010 ending November 5, 2010. Read official rules here. Good luck!
- There are currently no articles posted to this section.