Search for Great Deals on Doors
What are you looking for? (check all that apply) What is your Zip Code?

Warped door veneer?

The Old House Web

Problem: I have an 1875 Victorian with a "split" front door that has seen better days. It looks like a previous owner took the door down and cut about an inch off the bottom, and never sealed it. Now the wood on the bottom front of the door is curling and warped. What can be done to flatten it out so I can re-varnish it?

clampsSolution:Use glue and clamps. You may have to use a razor-type knife to make a slit in the veneer to squirt some glue in. Afterward, finish the door completely; top,bottom, and sides. Install a seal across the bottom to help control drafts, and to keep rain water from flowing into your foyer. -- K.C. on the OHW boards

About the Author
The Old House Web

Search Improvement Project