Millwork: Gingerbread houses

Reviewed by:
Rosemary Thornton
Looking for an astragal or a plinth? Or maybe you need to replace an intricate piece of gingerbread on your Victorian house?

Mad River Woodworks uses historical documents, old books and field experience to replicate Victorian-era millwork. They can replicate and reproduce almost any piece of interior or exterior millwork for your old house. Their Web site also features a graphic titled "Anatomy of a Victorian House," an excellent primer for anyone who wants to learn the proper architectural names for all those "thingies" on an old house.

Find Products