dcsimg

Bathroom Pics...

Here is where you can show off the pictures of your old home.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Re: Bathroom Pics...

Postby Venn Diagram on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Oh, yes - I love me some comfort height toilets. My fiance is over 6 ft tall and demands them. All three are!
Last edited by Venn Diagram on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venn Diagram

Postby pqtex on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Venn Diagram wrote:So many beautiful bathrooms. I love the diversity of color, tile, style ... yet they all fit the spaces they inhabit.

I love, love,love the color/style choices you made in the bathrooms. Looks wonderful.
My great-grandparents' 1913 farmhouse

Too bad the spam got so bad. Some of us have been spending time at the new community for folks with a love of old houses at wavyglass.org
pqtex

Postby utopia13 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 am

Venn Diagram wrote:BEFORE - the "Mexican Sand" special, with the ugliest medicine cabinet that was ever manufactured.

Oh Baby...you can say that again! Reminds me of those cheap, over the top particle board headboards. You know, with the plastic "stained glass" doors on all the little book nooks & cheap can lights in the top.

You did a great job with the tile work! Looks great!
This site has been ruined by spam. All regular forum members have moved to http://www.thehistoricdistrict.org/
Come join us!!!

ca 1916 Craftsman Bungalow
utopia13

Postby Trevi on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Venn Diagram- GORGEOUS bathroom!! I love both tiles and the color of the walls! I'm dreaming of a bathroom similar to that one for our house although it'll be YEARS before we're ready for that. (at the moment we don't even have plumbing in that room!) The mold was SO extensive that we had to tear EVERYTHING out. My son (in the picture below) works for a company that removes mold and he ripped the whole thing out. The tub was salvagable (which is good cuz we're not ready to buy the clawfoot we want) but it IS pink... Guess we can deal for a little while. This is our ONLY tub in the house and we're moving in on Tuesday so it's kind of a priority to get it up and running!

Image Image Image Image Image
~If you look closely you can hear the souls of those who came before you

Check out our renovation endeavors at http://www.harlowfarmhouse.com

Trevi

Postby Trevi on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Venn Diagram- GORGEOUS bathroom!! I love both tiles and the color of the walls! I'm dreaming of a bathroom similar to that one for our house although it'll be YEARS before we're ready for that. (at the moment we don't even have plumbing in that room!) The mold was SO extensive that we had to tear EVERYTHING out. My son (in the picture below) works for a company that removes mold and he ripped the whole thing out. The tub was salvagable (which is good cuz we're not ready to buy the clawfoot we want) but it IS pink... Guess we can deal for a little while. This is our ONLY tub in the house and we're moving in on Tuesday so it's kind of a priority to get it up and running!

Image Image Image Image Image

Trevi

Postby rehabbingisgreen on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:45 pm

I like the pink in the bathroom, cool sink. I just hate pink on the walls in my stairway :shock:
rehabbingisgreen

Postby Trevi on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 am

There were actually two sinks in there. One to the left as you walk in the door and the one in the picture above which is in front of you as you walk in. They were not the same sink which was odd but they were both pink. It's not an obnoxious pink so I can deal with it (no matter what my boys say) but I'm NOT NOT NOT a pink person in ANY shade so it's all going. The tub get a 1-2 year reprieve but it's eventually going too. Clawfoot, here I come!!

Trevi

Postby Eden on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 am

Trevi, I'm not a pink person either. My kitchen cabinets were nailed to the wall in the back mud room, but the old kitchen where I guess they ate had pink wall paper, pink linoleum and a pink fridge that was stuck in a cubby that use to be a back staircase.

But hey, off and on, I've seen posts in forums from folks that would kill for your pink bathroom ensemble. The sink is pretty cool. So don't trash it or mar it during your restoration. see if you can find a buyer.
Edee
OHW Member since 1999

1912 Gordon-Van Tine House Plan #122
"Be The Change You Want to see in the World," Ghandi
Eden

Postby Igloochic on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:46 am

I have to share my son's cute little bathroom which is only half way done :) But it's so cute I just can't wait. Soon I'll finish it with paint and more alaska train pics...but here's the room now:

Ok to understand the cute factor you have to know that the sink is less than 24" high...

Note size of cat (he's normal sized) in comparison to toilet size:

And if he won't pee in that one I got him a little comode (which I sit on while he baths)
The James House - 1889 "Modern" Queen Anne
Igloochic

Postby pqtex on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:58 am

Igloochic wrote:Note size of cat (he's normal sized) in comparison to toilet size:

And if he won't pee in that one I got him a little comode (which I sit on while he baths)

Your cat must be very special! Maybe he should be featured in the Old House Pets thread! LOL! :P :P
My great-grandparents' 1913 farmhouse

Too bad the spam got so bad. Some of us have been spending time at the new community for folks with a love of old houses at wavyglass.org
pqtex

PreviousNext

Return to The Picture Forum