dcsimg

Peanut Butter as a floor cleaner?

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: TinaB, Don M, Schag, oldhouse

Re: Peanut Butter as a floor cleaner?

Postby dpsours » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Skippy: It's a floor cleaner AND a sandwich spread! :)
1887 Octagon
dpsours

Postby lavender_bush » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:46 pm

dpsours - it's also a Kangaroo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1S5FJQ6K5c

I'm hoping lupinfarm remembers this :)
lavender_bush

Postby edward124 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 pm

aberdeen606 wrote:This might be a weird question, but if anyone had the answer, I knew you guys would. Has anyone ever heard of using peanut butter as a furniture/floor polish? I've been searching for years for something to clean my wood floors that doesn't leave it looking dull as soon as the cleaner dries. No luck yet. Yesterday, though, I dropped some melted peanut butter onto the floor. As I hurried to clean it up, I noticed everywhere the rag had rubbed the peanut butter was now shiny and nice. I looked up the effects of peanutbutter on hardwood floors just in case, but all google had to tell me was that it is often used to remove sticky residues from floors and does not hurt it. I'm not saying I'm ready to rub peanut butter into all the floors, haha, but it did make me wonder is there some kind of oil based polish that anyone knows of similar to the types of oils you would use on antique furniture? Those oils always give my furniture such a nice glow afterwards, so there's got to be something for my floors as well. All the top Carpet Cleaning langley I buy that are applied with a mop and always show those nice gleaming floors on the commercials look fantastic as soon as its applied...THEN, after about 10 minutes when it all dries, it looks like a dry dull floor again. (Guess they don't show you the drying process on the commercials) Any ideas? Thanks for reading!

Hello,
I never heard about it. Does it clean the floor??....
edward124

Postby angelags » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 am

Lol how funny, didn't imagine this use for peanut butter! I use apple cider vinegar to clean lots of things around the house though!
angelags

Previous

Return to General Discussions Forum