Where to get wiring for old chandelier?

Here you'll find a wide range of discussions on old-house topics.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Where to get wiring for old chandelier?

Postby Thomolli on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 pm

I have a set of matching antique chandeliers that were in two of the bedrooms when we bought our house. We have redone one of the bedrooms and I want to put this light fixture back but it needs to be rewired. I bought some wire at HD for this purpose and it is too fat to fit through the holes. There is much more plastic coating on the new wire than the old wire. I have been everywhere in town looking for something that will work to no avail.

I found some nylon covered wire online but it says it is not UL approved and I don't know about using that...

Has anyone had any experience rewiring historic light fixtures or using nylon covered cord? Do you know where I can get the wire I need?

Thanks,

Holli
Thomolli

Re: Where to get wiring for old chandelier?

Postby Deanajohnson on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 am

Never effort to do the job of internal house rewiring on your own. Seek help from a professional electrician to get the job done properly. If you recommended my opinion I suggest you Electrical Services - KNP Electrics Perth try it expectation you can resolve your problem by try this.
Deanajohnson

Postby umairaslam on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 am

When we moved, the chandelier came with us, and before we hung it back up… time to rewire. Guys… rewiring a chandelier is MAD easy. Next time you see that KILLER pendant at a yard sale but worry it won’t work… just get it. Basic electric supplies are pretty cheap and the process is fairly basic. At least it was for this light.
umairaslam

Postby jennifergrace on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 am

Desire you can contribute more noteworthy quality introduces on this page. I blog frequently and ceiling fixture accompanied us, and before we hung it back up… time to resign. Folks… reworking a ceiling fixture is MAD easyThis unbelievable article has really bested mine. You are dumbfounding and sharp. Thankful to you!
jennifergrace

Return to General Discussions Forum