Location forums

A meeting place for regulars to discuss the lighter side of old-houses.

Moderators: oldhouse, TinaB, Don M, Schag

Postby Danno on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 pm

angolito wrote:dammit danno. i can't tell if i got the darn thing to go on or not. thanks a lot for totally outing me as the MOST computer ignorant dolt here.

where am i again?

this thing is cool if i could make it work.

ok, I put a "guy" pretty darn close to where you live. you tell me how close I got.....
1858 Italianate and Gothic Inspired thingamabob
HappyInHartwood: "You can't make something 'more' ruined."
Danno

Postby James on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Well I can't get it to work either. Three times now I have tried it and each time have been disconnected from the internet. Is that a problem with being on dial up?
Locust Quarter, circa 1770 Georgian Gambrel roofed cottage.
James

Postby Danno on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:29 pm

James wrote:Well I can't get it to work either. Three times now I have tried it and each time have been disconnected from the internet. Is that a problem with being on dial up?

could be, but shouldn't be.... i dunno....
Danno

Postby kec01 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 pm

This map thing is really neat. But this user messed up. I put my little person where I thought I lived....and THEN I used the satellite and zoomed in. Yes, I did things in the wrong order (I'm generally pretty good at reading instructions...not this time tho). Anyone know how to remove the little guy so that I can locate him again in the right place?

Kitty
kec01

Postby Danno on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:17 pm

i don't know if you can do it yourself, or if only I can because i set it up, but how about i delete it and you can do it again???
Danno

Postby Greg on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm on the map! and I'm all alone. Come on, West Coast People, Represent.
Greg

Postby angolito on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:47 pm

danno. righto, you were correct to the very street! thanks. i have arrived. if you want to add my moniker, sarah, that's cool.

okay. what is an icon and where is the damn thing?

danno, i know you just had this map in mind before you even suggested this idea. you little planner, you.

now, if you devoted yourself to that table project as much as you do to minutia on the computer, it would be done. finished. (re-) finished. *teehee*.

yeah greg. where is paula?
angolito

Postby Chris on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 am

That's nifty. I added myself kinda sorta near where my house actually is—city skepticism and all.
Chris

Postby KSR on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 am

kec01 wrote:This map thing is really neat. But this user messed up. I put my little person where I thought I lived....and THEN I used the satellite and zoomed in. Yes, I did things in the wrong order (I'm generally pretty good at reading instructions...not this time tho). Anyone know how to remove the little guy so that I can locate him again in the right place? Kitty

I did the same thing. The little person landed 150 miles from where I actually reside.
KSR

Postby Nancy W on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:34 am

James, I got it to work (I think) :D and I have dial up ... so there must be some other problem :wink: They don't have the very closest zoom for my area, but still pretty close.
Nancy W

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout Forum