Adapted from a booklet by the National Park Service, this series of stories explores the maintenance, repair and replacement of slate, wood, tile and other historic roofs.
- Assessing problems with older roofs
- Historic Roofs: Repair or Replace?
- Maintaining historic roofs
- Replacing an historic roof
With some exceptions, most historic roofing materials are available today. But you may need an alternative.
- Roofing for Historic Buildings (Introduction)
- Types of historic residential roofing